Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Relationship Folder - Inventor 2014

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
pompeo79
1628 Views, 28 Replies

Assembly Relationship Folder - Inventor 2014

Hi,

this is the problem.

Everytime i open the view rapp folder the relationship folder will open too.

If i will close the relationship folder...and open again the view rapp  then it repeats.

The problem is that my assemblies has many parts an a lots of constraints...so my browser  is quickly full  of constraints visually.

I use  alots  the view rapp...so there is  away to maintain the relationship folder closed ...or open only when i will click on it?

Thanks!

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Orest_iy
in reply to: SteveMDennis

"Folks,

The reason the relationship folder is open is because in your past release your constraint folder was open."

Steve,

I checked it too. It does not work. All my Constaints folders in Model View were closed before I migrated files to 2014. Somehow Constraints folder is closed by default vs Relationship folder.

Orest

Message 22 of 29
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Orest_iy

Hi! All the files we have seen so far seem to have expanded Constraint folder in Model view before migrating to R2014.

Could you provide an example (before migrating to R2014) exhibiting the behavior?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 23 of 29
Orest_iy
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have double checked 2012 files before migrating and all of those expanding in 2014.
Message 24 of 29
SteveMDennis

But the problem is we CANNOT reproduce this in house. If you can share a dataset with us that exhibits this behavior I can look for something I might have missed in previous analysis of this.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 25 of 29
Orest_iy

Here is just a video link.

The Constraint folder in the 2012 release is closed in every assembly and here are the files untoched after the copying and migratint to 2014. As you can see some assemblies has relationships-expanding-by-default problem and other not. Seems like it is not a reason of the problem, perhaps it is up to Inventor 2014 mood. I have double migrated files with exactly the same results, the same subassemblies has a problem and other are not.

http://screencast.com/t/9wZ8DYHguuUB

Message 26 of 29
Orest_iy

Steve,

Here are video links of migration process of 2012 files to 2014.

There is before and after migratin video.

As you can see from video 2012 assemblies have everything collapsed in browser

(not only constraints) and saved afterwards but either way some migrated files still have this problem.

http://screencast.com/t/RA7pgy8tFp

http://screencast.com/t/ZhUQxOS89

I did migration of this project several times with different results.

The 2012 release “remembers” browser last condition and the problem of 2014 it does not.

Every new opening and expanded relationship folder is making a bad mood.

Regards,

Orest

Message 27 of 29
SteveMDennis

Orest,

In your videos you don't show me the constraint folder status for Frame Assy 26 before migration, only after.

The ones you show me collapsed seem to work fine.

You also never show me Frame 21.iam or CN26 052 CHANNEL DOOR ASSY.iam before migration.

What is the status of those constraint folders?

Constraint folder state is stored for EACH assembly per EACH View Rep.

If you collapse the top level it does not collapse everything below it, especially not in isolation (your open workflow)

Steve

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 28 of 29
Orest_iy

Steve,

Here is my latest investigation.

All my 2012 files have the Constraints folder collapsed.

Actually I never touched it since there is no use of it.

The migration was started with Constraints folder collapsed as well as other Representation stuff.

BUT

Some assemblies stay with expanded Representation properties in Browser nertheless those were collapsed and assembly is saved.Those are exactly the same causing not collapsing problem in 2014.

BUT

If I use the Collapse All from contex menu in the 2012 the Representation properties stay collapsed upon the next opening of the same assembly.

The problem is the Inventor 2014 does not behave the same way. Browser can be collapsed but next opening will begin with expanded browser again.

HERE IS THE TREATMENT of expanding by default already migrated to 2014 assemblies

Open Main assembly in 2014

Open subassembly which has annoying expanded Relationships.

Click Collapse All at the main assembly;

Click Rebuild All;

Save and close this subassembly;

Save and close the main assembly;

Open the main assembly again. Now the problematic subassembly will have collapsed Relationships.

This worked out for all my expanded assemblies, hope will work to others too

Orest

Message 29 of 29
Orest_iy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report