Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly not turning transparent when I edit

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
CCrabtree1
2151 Views, 8 Replies

Assembly not turning transparent when I edit

I just noticed that my assemblies are turning transparent when I edit them anymore.  It was working the other day and I haven't changed any settings or downloaded any service packs so I don't know why it stopped doing this and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make it start again.  I have just recently upgraded (if you want to call it an upgrade) to Inventor Pro 2013 from 2011 so I'm not quite sure how to change everything else.  If anyone else has had this issue or knows how to make mine work again it would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 7 64 bit w/16 gb ram

Intle i7 2600 3.4 ghz

AMD Radeon HD 6450

PDSU 2013

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: CCrabtree1

check out the tools..application options..display (and assembly) tabs..

on the display tab is "inactive component appearance"

and on the assembly tab is "component opacity"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
CCrabtree1
in reply to: mcgyvr

I did mess with that with no luck.  I checked and unchecked the shaded box and increased and decreased the opaque % and nothing changed.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
Message 4 of 9

they hid this slightly

2012 anyway...

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 5 of 9

That was it.  Thanks a bunch!!  Although I don't know how it got changed but now that I know how to turn it on and off its fine.  Leave it to Autodesk to hide things just to frustrate you.  Thanks again stephen

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
Message 6 of 9
mcgyvr

@CCrabtree1 wrote:

That was it.  Thanks a bunch!!  Although I don't know how it got changed but now that I know how to turn it on and off its fine.  Leave it to Autodesk to hide things just to frustrate you.  Thanks again stephen

Funny...as its the exact same as I said above.

and on the assembly tab is "component opacity" (This is the same setting as stephen showed) They just have the option in 2 places.. On the ribbon and in the application options..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 9
CCrabtree1

No, its not the same.  The settings for the transparency are in the application options but turning it off and on is under the view tab.  They do work together but they definitely aren't the same, at least not on my version.  I do appreciate your input though mcgyvr.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013
Message 8 of 9
mcgyvr

@CCrabtree1 wrote:

No, its not the same.  The settings for the transparency are in the application options but turning it off and on is under the view tab.  They do work together but they definitely aren't the same, at least not on my version.  I do appreciate your input though mcgyvr.

No..its the same.

Turning transparency OFF  is the same as setting component opacity to "ALL"

Turning transparency ON is the same as setting comopnent opacity to "Active Only"

I believe you were thinking I meant its the same as the settings in tools..application options..display tab.

Straight from Inventor 2013 Help...

Note You can also use the View tab Appearance panel Transparency Off or Transparency On command to set component opacity. 

Message 9 of 9
CCrabtree1

Yes it was the fact that you said display tab, under my display tab you can't turn it on and off you HAVE to go to the assembly tab to do that or the view tab on the ribbon.  I just wish they made this stuff easier to figure out some days, I spent half the day trying to figure it out.  If you don't know how to ask the question exactly finding the answer is almost impossible, and that's why I love these forums.  I still don't know how it got turned off.  I am the only one that uses my computer and I didn't do it.  That's the bad thing with freshly released software, I don't know if its me or the software with the problem.

Windows 7 64 bit
16 GB ram
Intel i7 2600 3.4 ghz
AMD radeon HD 6450
PDSU 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report