Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assembly hole feature to be transferred in subsequent part

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
janiah
1408 Views, 5 Replies

assembly hole feature to be transferred in subsequent part

AT ASSEMBLY LEVEL HOLE FEATURE SHOWN ONLY IN ASSEMBLY. HOW TO CREAT SAME FEATURE AT SAME POSITION ON PARTS.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: janiah

You would need to open the IPT within the IAM assembly file, create your sketch and project the feature.

Possibly post a screen capture would help.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/featuremanager/

I have never tried this add-in, but heard it is supposed to move assembly level features to part level.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
BLHDrafting

Worked really well in 2012, a bit clunky in 2013 and no idea in 2014 🙂

"The FeatureMigrator tool will allow Inventor users to more easily create part features from assembly features. User can migrate assembly features either by selecting them in the FeatureMigrator browser: by right-clicking on one or several of them, then use the “Send to Parts” commands. Features can also be directly migrated from the regular Inventor Model browser: using the context menu item added by the add-in. Once the operation of migrating features is completed, the FeatureMigrator will display a dialog that provides information about the results: This first dialog is a “high-level” report of the migration. It provides the opportunity for the user to select the action to take for all the assembly features migrated {Suppress if Succeeded, Suppress always, Delete if Succeeded, Delete always or Nothing}, also for the part features that haven’t been migrated correctly {Suppress, Delete or Nothing} (Features created by the add-in can be in an invalid state in the parts for a number of reasons)"

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 6
janiah
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Sir,
I got the point but can you suggest me where The Feature Migrator tool available in panel command or in which dialog box.
I am using Autodesk inventor 2013 professional.
Also I am not able to install offline help which i had downloaded from site.
Please gide and help for getting better performance.
Thanks and regards
?
Arun Jani
Scientist/Engineer
Space Applications Centre
India
Message 6 of 6
blair

You would need to install the "App" first from the "App" store. Either the link provided or the blue "X" in the upper RH portion of your Inventor screen. You would down load and install the App, it will then appear in the Menu Ribbon Bar.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report