Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Ghosts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Talayoe
460 Views, 3 Replies

Assembly Ghosts

Hello all,

Been away from the mix for a bit, but now I am back and full of terrible (and hopefully easy!) questions.

What I have a gearbox that we manufacture, that someone else drew. They created a single IPT file (you can see the ghosting of it in orange) of the finished part then bonded the individual parts for weld assembly to it in their own IPT files (listed in the tree you see as GRB-000x). So, inside EVERY GRB-000x file is a 'link' to the single complete gearbox IPT file and then that individual panel for the assembly. 

Gearbox.jpg

The problem I am having is that I cannot seem to hide this orange ghosted IPT (again, the singe complete gearbox IPT file) and what you are looking at in the picture above is a copy of it overlayed 7 times in each of the GRB's that are above the ASME Coupling Threaded.

I opened an individual part file, GRB-0007, and this is how it looks.

Gearbox2.jpg

So, you can see the one panel (grey) that I am editing attached to GRB-0001 which is my 'ghost' gearbox complete IPT. 

So, the conclusion. How do I hide each of the ghost gearboxes. When I right click on the GRB-0001 in each of the individual part files I cannot supress or hide (thru visibility) it. It is quite annoying because I have a hard time assembling new components onto this part without it picking up the orange ghost gearbox.

Also curious; What does the icon/symbol beside the GRB-0001 represent. I thot it a derive so I created a new one, but that is not the same icon.

Anyways, if someone can help me to hide this orange monstrosity, I would be grateful.

Thanks as always,

-Randy

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Talayoe

Hi Talayoe,

I think you can expand the Surface Bodies folder in the browser and turn off the visibility there.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
Talayoe
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Curtis,

I didnt find what you said, but it got me where I wanted to be. I went to view, object visibility, and unchecked Construction Surfaces. Viola! Gone 🙂 Thanks!

The second question, I think, was what does that icon mean in the second picture with the page/small blue square? Anyone know?

Tks, and thanks again Curtis!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: Talayoe

Can't fully determine the color of the icon, so it's either a "derived surface substitute" or a "derived work body".

For unknown icon, see the icon reference in the help here:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-E68A6C50-5AC6-4A30-8A9D-D3D262F0ADCD

Also, does right-clicking on that icon (or expanding and right-clicking on whatever is at the lower level) give any visibility option?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report