Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly feature changes texture scale

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cwhetten
450 Views, 1 Reply

Assembly feature changes texture scale

I created an assembly extrusion to section an assembly, but the strange thing is it is changing the scale of a texture on one of the components it is cutting.  Take a look at these images.  In this first image, I have not yet added the component as a participant in the assembly feature.  You can see that the grating texture is the same scale as the other grating in the assembly (which is being cut by the assembly feature.

Assembly Cut - Before.png

In the second image below, I have added the grating component as a participant in the assembly feature, and suddenly the texture scale becomes smaller!

Assembly Cut - After.png

I just don't understand why this is happening, and only with this one component and none of the others.  It is maddening.  Does anybody out there know why this happens?

-cwhetten

IV2011 Professional SP2
Build 553 Subscription Advantage Pack
Vanilla Vault 2011, Update 2
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Dell T3500, Intel Xeon Duo @2.40 GHz, 6 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro 2000, 1024 MB GDDR5
Driver Ver: 275.36
Dual Monitors, 1680x1050

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cwhetten
in reply to: cwhetten

I was able to fix it.  The style that I modified in the part also existed in the assembly (because it's in my styles library), so I purged the style at the assembly level and this fixed it.  I'm not sure I understand what was really happening, but I guess at some point the style at the assembly level got stuck.  Somehow that prevented one part from updating properly while another updated just fine.  Whatever it was, purging fixed it.

-cwhetten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report