Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly 'family tree'

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mark
1595 Views, 5 Replies

Assembly 'family tree'

Hi Everybody.

Is there a way of getting a family tree of all the parts and sub-assemblies of a main assembly?

I would like this so I can keep track on what parts need drawings (manufactured parts) and if the drawing has been done.

Alternatively, how do others keep track of this?

Mark

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
stephengibson76
in reply to: mark

in your assembly browser RMB then select expand all, alternativly use vault

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
scottph

You can use the design assistant to get reports of the assembly hierarchy.

Message 4 of 6
BLHDrafting

The assembly BOM/Structured tab is a parent and child view of the assembly. Expand as many branches as you like. This can also be done in an IDW Part List.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 6
mark

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. Of course, the BOM is a 'family tree' of sorts. I should have thought of that. I guess I could add a column 'drawing done'

Is there a way of seeing all the BOM in one go, like on a A1 or A0 drawing sheet??

Mark

Message 6 of 6
BLHDrafting

Either the assembly BOM Model or Structured tab (once all levels are expanded) show the tree and all parts. There are some differences. Use the wiki to discern these.

The Part LIst on the drawing uses 1 of the 3 BOM types (Model, Structured or Parts Only). And you can also export the BOM of your choice to Excel, either straight from the assembly BOM of through a macro (quite a few on the forum). Using the inbuilt BOM Export gives you a tree like look which is probably whabom.pngt you want.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report