Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly extrude cut through subassembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
astarnes
406 Views, 2 Replies

Assembly extrude cut through subassembly

Is there a way to extrude cut in an assembly through an entire subassembly (no matter what new parts are put into that subassaembly).  Basically, an "extrude all" feature in a parent assembly that cuts through everything without having to add individual participants everytime I add new compnents to the subassembly.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: astarnes

Hi! This request has been asked before. Unfortunately, the ability to re-detect participants is not yet available. You may want to see if the similar ask exists in IdeaStation. Please feel free to give kudos to the existing one or create a new one.

There could be a little bit performance implication here, since some check has to be done in order to figure out who the new participants are. One can argue that if it could be done when the feature was first created, it should be doable on edit or later compute.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
astarnes
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I was affraid of that functionality not being developed yet.  It's very handy to exclude certain participants, but I wish I could also include all participants.  Apparently it's just another problem I run into using patterns in iParts.  I will check out Idea Station for a possible solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report