Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly drawing view issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vaughangilliam
671 Views, 5 Replies

Assembly drawing view issue

Hi all,

I am having an issue with an assembly view (Picture attached).  When I do my base view, inventor is showing one part in the assembly as hidden lines and it cuts the end off it (the stairs).  Even with hidden lines removed it shows all lines for the stairs as hidden.  I can sort that out by amending the line style and hidden line calculation in the model state settings but the view still cuts the end off the stairs.  I have done a drawing of the stairs alone and the view is as you would expect, not all in hidden lines and the full view is there.

Has anyone come across this before or have any pointers on how I might sort this?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Do you have the BOM property of the stairs set as reference?

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 6

Hi there,

The BOM structure is currently set to 'Default (Reference)'.  In iProperties the only options in the Occurence tab are 'Default (Reference)' or 'Reference'.  Is there any way to add a new BOM structure?

The file for the stairs was downloaded from Grabcad as an inventor ipt.

Many thanks

Message 4 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: vaughangilliam

Open the assembly. Right click on the stairs in the model browser, choose "BOM Structure" and pick "Normal".

When you do that the stairs will now show in the parts list and be included in the mass calculations for the iam.

One way to access all the BOM structures is to open the part.  Then go to Tools>Document Settings, Bill of Materials tab.  Change the Default BOM structure there.

Message 5 of 6
vaughangilliam
in reply to: karthur1

Good morning.

Please see picture attached.  There is no option other than reference.  It is either 'Default (Reference' or 'Reference'.  In the iProperties under occurence it is the same.  Is there a way of adding a new BOM structure?

Many thanks

Message 6 of 6

Sorry, I missed the last part of your message.  Doing it via document settings has worked thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report