Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly cutout

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dilivio
482 Views, 3 Replies

Assembly cutout

Hi I have a pipe which will go through a plate at 45 degrees.

I have created a quick assy of what i am trying to achieve.

How do i go about getting the correct cutout on the plate?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dilivio

Hello, One way to do this is to make a workplane on the plate at 45° (perpendicular to your pipe). Start a sketch on that workplane and project the edge of the pipe on to it. Then you can use extrude to cut a hole through your plate.

Hope this helps.

Toon

Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras

Hi!

You have to attach also the assembly parts. The assembly file only has a bunch of links, info about the way the parts are connected, etc, etc, does'nt have the parts itself.

Post also the parts here or/and add a print screen.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 4 of 4
BLHDrafting

Do an 'in assembly' edit of the sheet metal part. Use 'copy object' and copy the pipe. Use Split to split the sheet metal part at the pipe surface copied. Use Thicken/Offset to cut away the split section that represents the pipe. This method keeps the cut edges perpendicukar to the sheet metal part face (as is required for CNC cutters).

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report