Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Constraints?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
155 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly Constraints?

I'm having problems with assembly constraints once again. I will do my best to describe what is happining but it is a bit confusing to myself. What I have is an Assembly-1 that is adaptive in Assembly-2 which is adaptive in Assembly-3. I have applied certain constraints in the Assembly-2 to force the behavior of how it's suppose to act. When I start applying constraints in Assembly-3 it's almost like the constraints that I put in Assembly-2 are being overiden. Does Inventor ignore assembly constraints at lower levels when it's adaptive in a higher level assembly?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor likes one part in each assembly to be
grounded.

To specifically answer your question: No - Inventor
should pay attention to the entire constraints scheme. It does not have a
mechanism built in to start ignoring constraints at subassembly
levels.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I've done just that but the parts are still flying apart with the constraints.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Nevermind I found out the problem. I guess I did have a part at one of the very low assemblies that wasn't grounded.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

something is extremely wrong with Inventor. I have a constraint that I drive and it drives the parts just fine but guess what all the consraints are broken everywhere else and guess what no warnings or nothing. I can tell the parts are way off but Inventor thinks everything is all good but in reality it's not. What is going on here? The only way to get the part to be correct is to do a rebuild all! But how does one know to do a rebuild all if there is no warning! I'm losing my mind with this cryptic software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report