Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Constraints Snowballing Errors

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DSNR
316 Views, 2 Replies

Assembly Constraints Snowballing Errors

I have a bunch of assemblies that are acting this way and I am not sure why.

I ahve built the parts and built the sub-assemblies with-out errors, once everything looks good I place the subassemblies into my top level assembly.

Everything still looks good with no errors.

I do a rebuild of the top level assembly and find 20 or so errors.

Most of the errors are bogus and editing the constraint with-out changing anything removes the errors, typicaly.

On a bunch of the sub-assemblies the error showed up in the top level assembly, so I edit the part only to find the constraint is relevant but with errors so I suppress it to remove the error. Save and go back to the top level assembly only to find there is another constraint error in the same assembly that I suppresed the constraint to remove the error. This goes back and forth between top level and sub-assembly till all constraints are suppresed or deleted for the sub-assembly. Then the same thing happens to another sub-assembly.

This is driving me crazy, the only solution that I have found is to delete all constraints and rebuild each sub-assembly with the same constraints that were initialy used.

How do I stop this snowball effect???????????????????

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: DSNR

Hi! Could you send me the files so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
DSNR
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I think I have it figured out...

For some reason I deleted a assembly constraint, re-constrained it in the exact same way and all the other constraint errors disappeared. Not sure why or how but it worked.

Thanks anyway, much appriciated!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report