Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Assembly constraint / measuring problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
305 Views, 3 Replies

Assembly constraint / measuring problem

Hi All,

Having a funny new problem with Assembly files ,when i place the cursor over a face / axis etc  to place a constraint

the cursor is not "picking" up on the face / axis for a good 15-20 seconds.

The same behaviour is happening if i try and use the "measuring tool" in a assembly file.

In a Part file constraints , measurements pick up almost instantly.

I was messing with the "visual styles" settings before i had this problem , prior to that no problems.

Could a setting in the visual styles effect this ?.

Any ideas / suggestions ?

Inventor 2012 version

Regards Marty

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the Filter Selection, it should be next to the Material icon. Component Priority is the default for IAM's. Also look at the Selection settings in the Application Options>General>Select Other. You may enable the "Enable Optimized Selection" for large assemblies.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Blair,

I enabled the "Optimzed Selection" , and that certainly helped , noted down the default numbers and had a play with them and it was better again.

Could you give me a bit more of a pointer at the Filter Selections , i couldn't find them.

Regards Marty

Message 4 of 4
blair

It will be a green icon on the very top menu bar just to the left of the material icon. You will need to have a IAM open or a IPT open. It is model sensitive, hence the need to have a model open.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report