Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Balloons

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Talayoe
1783 Views, 7 Replies

Assembly Balloons

Howdy all,

Curious about 2 things, sort of related;

I have an old drawing that was sent to me, inventor drawing, with the standard BOM balloons on it. The person used a bolt connection to produce a bolt/washer & washer/nut and the arrow pointing to this connection shows 4 balloons in a row as shown in the pic below. How do I accomplish this?

Second question, in this same picture you see the washer/nut are terminated (3/4") from the face of the part. I toyed around with this and couldnt get it to work. Created a plane, wont let me grab that. Terminating only seems to let me grab actual part faces. So how do I get a B/C to terminate in a similar fashion?

Thanks!!

Balloons.jpg

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Talayoe

#1-place a balloon.. right click on it and select attach balloon.. or attach balloon from list.

#2-I don't use bolted con gen so I'm not exactly sure what options are there.. any chance there was another 3/4" part there and the visibility is either turned off or it has been deleted.. and are you sure they even used the bolted con generator.. one could simply use constraints to put the washer/nut pair there too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
admaiora

Hi Randy,

hope that it can helps you!

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 8
admaiora
in reply to: admaiora

Ups, sorry,

McGyver preceded me-

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 8
rdyson

For the balloon, right click, attach balloon

Image1.jpg

For the other question, perhaps the mating part is just not shown.

PDSU 2016
Message 6 of 8
rdyson
in reply to: rdyson

Beat by 2!

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: rdyson

There is an echo in here today.. 🙂 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 8
Talayoe
in reply to: mcgyvr

Wow. Dont check my email for a while and tons of replies! Thanks all!

The attach balloon, simple and easy. Perfect.

The distance thing....I suppose in that case it was possible that on that drawing someone had a part that was hidden to create the gap. The reason I didnt want to use just standard fasteners and place them manually is that is a lot of constraints to piddle around with. This is a 12 BHC and there is two on this part.. Blah. I might just mock in a dummy block to fill the termination gap.

Thank you again!!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report