Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assembly and drawing problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
251 Views, 3 Replies

assembly and drawing problem.

Hi All,

I'm currently having a problem with an assembly and drawing and could use some advise. My assembly contains fasteners from content center but although the same length and size, some have to be stainless and others don't. Well, content center doesn't allow for same size, different material and thus, in ther BOM, they show up as the same part. What can I do to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

mlstalter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: Anonymous

Simply create new part families from the standard families for the items using a different materials.

Then replace the items in your assembly with the newly created family items.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
brendan.henderson

As Mike mentioned, run the Material Guide on the fastener family that you want the other materials for. It's pretty straight forward. Depending on your needs you may want to do some editing in the resultant family.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 4 of 4
salariua

Temporarily you could play with save copy as and change material  but I would do it correctly (cc material wizard as mentioned).

Here's a quick tutorial.

http://www.mgfx.co.za/nutsandbolts/autodesk-inventor-content-center-editor-material-guide/

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report