Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly 3/4 section of individual parts?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
464 Views, 7 Replies

Assembly 3/4 section of individual parts?

Is there way (without a third part add on) that I can do a 3/4 section view of just selected parts within an assembly and not the whole thing? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't you just get the section view that you want, show contents for that view, and turn off the parts you don't want to see? Blane
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

The problem is, I want to show all the parts but have only selected ones sectioned. I did a workaround but I was hoping for something easy. Thanks "BTBeilke" wrote in message news:3fe360b2$1_5@statler... > Can't you just get the section view that you want, show contents for that > view, and turn off the parts you don't want to see? > > Blane > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

"Albert Allen" wrote in message news:3fe364b4$1_1@statler... > The problem is, I want to show all the parts but have only selected ones > sectioned. > I did a workaround but I was hoping for something easy. > > Thanks > > "BTBeilke" wrote in message > news:3fe360b2$1_5@statler... > > Can't you just get the section view that you want, show contents for that > > view, and turn off the parts you don't want to see? > > > > Blane > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

At the assembly level, create a sketch and extrude cut through the parts. Next, go to the "Extrude" feature in the assembly and remove participants that you don't want sectioned. Side benefit: you can measure from the "cut" edges. Albert Allen wrote: >Is there way (without a third part add on) that I can do a 3/4 section view >of just selected parts within an assembly and not the whole thing? > >Thanks > > > >
Message 6 of 8
Jmuchow

Charles,

That is a real clean way of doing that.

I was coping the assembly model and the parts I wanted to cut, then adding a cut to those parts.

However, if you import these assembly models into Presenter 3D it does not see cuts added to assembly models.

Regards,
John
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Yeah Bummer about Presente3D, huh. Jmuchow wrote: >Charles, > >That is a real clean way of doing that. > >I was coping the assembly model and the parts I wanted to cut, then adding a cut to those parts. > >However, if you import these assembly models into Presenter 3D it does not see cuts added to assembly models. > >Regards, >John > >
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Charles, I don't know why I missed that workaround....I guess that's why you make the Big Bucks! "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3fe50a1b$1_7@statler... > At the assembly level, create a sketch and extrude cut through the > parts. Next, go to the "Extrude" feature in the assembly and remove > participants that you don't want sectioned. Side benefit: you can > measure from the "cut" edges. > > Albert Allen wrote: > > >Is there way (without a third part add on) that I can do a 3/4 section view > >of just selected parts within an assembly and not the whole thing? > > > >Thanks > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report