Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembling a spring

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
553 Views, 3 Replies

Assembling a spring

I cant seem to find out how to assemble the spring to the rest of my item. I have just put it there manualy so you get the idea as to where I want it.

Will you be able to use the assembly if I do not provide the parts used(maximum 3 uploads)?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, but the iam file without all of the associated ipts isnt much help.  Sort of hard to tell how the spring is supposed to be constrained.

2013-11-25_1919.png

Image above is what I see when I open the iam.  All the files in the browser with the "?" icon are unresolved.  If you want to add more than three files, then add all the files to a zip and post the one zip file.

Are you trying to constrain the spring to something else in the iam?  You can use the origin elements of the spring to constrain it to other parts.  Use the "Y-Axis" and the XZ Plane.

Kirk

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you DL these files you will be able to see what I am trying to do. I want the spring to stay in place between the rubber in the bottom and arm on the upper side. Do you mean that I can constrain parts to other parts planes?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I managed to constrain the springs plane to the plane of another part in the assembly. So thank you very much 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report