Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assemblies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
386 Views, 4 Replies

assemblies

Hi

I have a large vessel.I need to place some parts inside this vessel but it is hard to see through the vessel.What is the ideal way to place parts inside the vessel in an assemblt?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BeKirra
in reply to: Anonymous

Section view - create a cross section view. In inventor, there are couple of section views you can select from.

They can be found in "View" tab - "Quarter section view", "Half section view" and "Three quarter section view".

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Sometimes a Section View doesn't work as a part you add might be on the wrong side of the section plane.

Another technique is to do a temporary assembly level Extrude-Cut of the vessel that you can then suppress or delete.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Paul-Mason
in reply to: JDMather

You could temporary change  the material to soothing like glass it give a part that is about 70% transparent, sort of like when editing a part in assembly mode,once done change it back to the appropriate material

In this example the condenser shell is changed to GLASS to show/locate the various internal components.

PM screen shot001.png

==============
Inventor 2025 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Paul-Mason

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned disabling the vessel. Right click the vessel in the broswer or in the window and uncheck "Enabled". The part will become transparent and you will be able to constrain to things inside of the vessel. This would only cause an issue if you need to constrain to the vessel itself. You'd have to have it enabled to do so. To re-enable it, you'll need to find it in the browser and right click it and re-check enabled.

Food for thought.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report