Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
rthakare
Message 1 of 4 (152 Views)

assemble components in circular pattern

152 Views, 3 Replies
09-25-2012 08:06 PM

Hi 

I want to arrange these outer circles in a corcular pattern at equal distance and at equal angle from each other without using circular patten feature in assembly tab. How do I do that.

The reasomn I dont want to use circular pattern in assembly tab is if I do that then, I cannot change color of each outer circle separatly If I change one color it changes color for all of these whcih i dont want.

I want to have each outer circle of different color.

Valued Contributor
theo.bot
Message 2 of 4 (146 Views)

Re: assemble components in circular pattern

09-25-2012 09:38 PM in reply to: rthakare
Create a dummypart with a sketch, that has your circular pattern. Place it into your assembly,
Then contrain your parts to the sketchlines.
After constraining turn of the visibility dummypart. Make sure the bom setting is phanthom for the dummypart, so it will not show up in your partlist.
Kind regards
Valued Mentor
mpatchus
Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)

09-26-2012 09:15 AM in reply to: rthakare

For some strange reason I can't see your image file, but you can make instances of a patterend part different colors.

Just edit each occurence of the patterned part.

Pattern.JPG

Mike Patchus

Inventor 2012 SP3 ~ Vault Pro 2013
==================
Lenovo D20 Workstation Intel Xenon E5640@2.67GHz (2)
Win 7, 24gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. :smileyhappy:
Employee
johnsonshiue
Message 4 of 4 (108 Views)

09-26-2012 02:21 PM in reply to: rthakare

Hi! There are several ways to accomplish what you are looking for. I want to make sure I understand the objective clearly. You basically want 6 parts positioned in a radial fashion with equal angular offset but each part's color can be assigned differently.

If my understanding is correct, I think Component Circular Pattern should still work. When you assign color, simply apply color override to each part in the context of the assembly. Don't change the part color in its own window. Could you try it an see if it works for you?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Principal SQA Engineer, Inventor
Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.