Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assemble components in circular pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rthakare
310 Views, 3 Replies

assemble components in circular pattern

Hi 

I want to arrange these outer circles in a corcular pattern at equal distance and at equal angle from each other without using circular patten feature in assembly tab. How do I do that.

The reasomn I dont want to use circular pattern in assembly tab is if I do that then, I cannot change color of each outer circle separatly If I change one color it changes color for all of these whcih i dont want.

I want to have each outer circle of different color.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
theo.bot
in reply to: rthakare

Create a dummypart with a sketch, that has your circular pattern. Place it into your assembly,
Then contrain your parts to the sketchlines.
After constraining turn of the visibility dummypart. Make sure the bom setting is phanthom for the dummypart, so it will not show up in your partlist.
Kind regards
Message 3 of 4
mpatchus

For some strange reason I can't see your image file, but you can make instances of a patterend part different colors.

Just edit each occurence of the patterned part.

Pattern.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! There are several ways to accomplish what you are looking for. I want to make sure I understand the objective clearly. You basically want 6 parts positioned in a radial fashion with equal angular offset but each part's color can be assigned differently.

If my understanding is correct, I think Component Circular Pattern should still work. When you assign color, simply apply color override to each part in the context of the assembly. Don't change the part color in its own window. Could you try it an see if it works for you?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report