Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspect Ratio in Inventor Studio

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ataylor542
3628 Views, 3 Replies

Aspect Ratio in Inventor Studio

Using Inventor 2013 - When rendering in Inventor Studio, what should the aspect ratio be set at to allow the rendered image to fit to the margins or alternatively the extents of an A4 Sheet to allow a bleed of colour to the edge of the sheet? If this ratio is available how is it calculated?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: ataylor542

Not sure it can be... One is resolution based and one is dimensionally based..

Trial/error for your specific monitor/resolution will be required. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: ataylor542

An A4 sheet is 210 x 297mm

Print quality is defined by dpi (dots of ink per inch)

so, you want a resolution of 210*dpi/25.4 x 297*dpi/25.4

e.g.

printing at 150dpi you want a resolution of 1240 x 1754

and a 300 dpi image would be 2480 x 3508

I hope that helps.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 4 of 4
ataylor542
in reply to: sam_m

Thank you! Problem solved, managed to set aspect ratio correctly based on calculation - a very logical solution when all is considered. One minor problem when rendering at 300 dpi, the image rendered okay within the inventor studio environment but would not import to Micro soft publisher. I think this is more than likely to be more to do with the spec of my laptop than anything else?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report