Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
cwilko
Message 1 of 2 (736 Views)

ASCII Characters

736 Views, 1 Replies
02-13-2012 06:06 PM

I am quite conversant with Unicode keystrokes (Alt+XXXX) for most symbols in fact I have a cheat that aids me in the correct character code.

If I don't have the code I just copy it from the character map and paste it into the sentence but it gets a little tiresome after a while searching the character map for symbols.

I have on numerous occasions lately had the need to to insert the 'THEREFORE' symbol (You know the 3 dots in a triangle) into text notes on my drawings.

This symbol only seems to have a code "U+2234"

I have spent a lot of time searching everywhere for a clue as to what this keystroke sequence means.

A great many people I have found have asked the same question and all the replies just seem to dance around the question without just giving a straight instructional explanation.

I have my font style set to "Arial Unicode MS"

Can someone enlighten me on the correct keystroke sequence for "U+XXXX"?

Thanks Clint
Inventor 2012 Professional
*Expert Elite*
-niels-
Message 2 of 2 (714 Views)

Re: ASCII Characters

02-14-2012 03:01 AM in reply to: cwilko

This took me a little research to get right, but it works as follows:

1. Type 2234 in your input box

2. With the cursor at the end of the 2234, press ALT + X

That should do it, hitting ALT + X again should turn it back to the numeric value.

Using IV2014 Pro SP2 - upd.1, Win7-64bit
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.