Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As Shown Opposite Hand Assemblies

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
meck
6429 Views, 3 Replies

As Shown Opposite Hand Assemblies

Hello everyone,

I have a drawing that must display an as shown and opposite hand assembly. My company does not want 2 separate drawings because it makes for too much editing of common things like notes and revisions. So typically we would have a keysketch showing the opposite hand on the same drawing. All easy to do.

The sticky part is with the Parts List. The as shown assembly needs to call out as shown parts and the opposite as shown assembly needs to call out the opposite as shown parts. The attached image file is an example how we would like our Parts List  to look in the end. Qty 1 is the normal Qty that defaults in Inventor, so this would be the base view's Qty. Qty 2 is a custom property that we currently set to the base view's Qty also, then we override it where needed.

Is there any feasible way to get Qty 1 and Qty 2 to follow their respective assemblies?

My feeling is this is not possible, but I thought I would throw it out here for discussion.

Thanks All.

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: meck

I don't see a way for you to get the Qty1 and Qty 2 in the same parts list.  You could manually add that column and add custom rows, but I would not recommend that you do that.

I understand what you are saying about not wanting to create new drawings for the opp hand assemblies, but that really is the best way to do it.  With that, you get a complete list of what it takes to build the opp hand and the as shown.  Everybody can clearly see what it takes to build each... end of story.

In the Acad days, we would just note, "one as shown/one opp hand" on the assembly.  That leads to all sorts of confusion later especially when somebody wants a replacement part.

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1 (update1)
Vault Basic 2013

Message 3 of 4
meck
in reply to: karthur1

Thanks for the response! Yeah that's kind of what I figured. The designers understand the benefits, but management can be pretty short sighted when it comes to work time.

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 4
IgorMir
in reply to: meck

Hi Mike,

It depends on the way you handle "As Opp. Hand" assembly. I presume the AOH assembly is a real one - not just a derivable from the original assembly. Then create a stand alone assembly file and place there both assemblies. Activate the BOM, sort it out the way you want.

In the drawing file when creating a Part List - in the Part List DB select the assembly file which contains both assembly. Not the view in the drawing. It will bring in the parts list for both assemblies.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report