Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrowheads

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
swhite
981 Views, 9 Replies

Arrowheads

Maybe I have just missed it, but our company uses the oblique arrowheads for dimension lines, but likes the filled arrows for hole dimensions, radii, etc. I can set the hole dimension to a filled arrowhead, but by default I get the oblique arrowhead when dimensioning holes or radii with the Dimension tool. Is there anyway to set holes or radii to use a different type of arrowhead than on normal dimension lines? Besides the hole tool which will not dimension radii or curves. Not a major issue, just annoying to have to go and change all of those arrowheads on every drawing done. Of course my previous job only arrowheads were allowed because we were an engineering firm, and engineers don't use oblique marks like archetechs. And of course I now work for an engineering firm that likes oblique marks and only wants arrowheads for holes and cureves. Can't win for loosing it seems 🙂 Any suggestions appreciated.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jletcher
in reply to: swhite

Yes you have to set up your style to do it..

yep.JPG

Message 3 of 10
swhite
in reply to: jletcher

So I need to have TWO dimension styles set up, one with oblique and one with normal arrows?

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 4 of 10
jletcher

No just set up a style. I have 6 style of dimensions for all size drawings

2 decimal place 3 decimal place 1/16 fractions and so o,n before you place the dimension you pick the style you want from the drop down then put in the dim.

You can have a style called Radii so when you do radius you pick that style before dimensioning the part..

Message 5 of 10
cbenner

That sounds reasonable, then in Object Defaults, you can assign a dimension style to specific entity types.... if I remember correctly.  Not near my Inventor right now to verify this.  Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 10
jletcher

Yep now you got it..

Message 7 of 10
jletcher
in reply to: cbenner

You are correct cbenner....

I forgot to add that part thanks for adding it..

Message 8 of 10
swhite
in reply to: cbenner

Yes, just did that, set up a arrowhead style and changed the object defaults for diameter and radii to the new dimension style. Was too easy so didn't even think about it. Got to give kudo to jletcher for ringing the bell in my head that got me to looking deeper. Thanks all for your quick responses. You are all the best! Need jobs? 🙂

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 9 of 10
jletcher

Always need jobs..  What you have. You can email me if you like..

Message 10 of 10
swhite
in reply to: jletcher

We design Oocean Oil Derricks and Land Masts for drilling oil. Located in Tulsa, OK, so doubt if you are up for moving. Besides, not too happy with the way the company is going now. Rush, rush, rush, to get the model done and the drawing out and worry about getting it right and revise it after its built. In the last year I have spent more time doing revisions than actual upfront work I think. But such is progress and customization at the leading edge I guess.

http://www.lcm-wci.com/

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report