Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrange Hole Table by XDim

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
johnster100
419 Views, 5 Replies

Arrange Hole Table by XDim

Hi There,

I've made a hole table and set it up with the correct columns. This all works fine.

I would like to able to arrange the table by the X coordinate, as these are at regular intervals and so the numbering makes more sense this way.

Is this possible? I'm currently using Inventor 2013 but will be moving to 2015 in the next few months. Has this issue been addressed in the 2015 release?

thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
shiyong.lin
in reply to: johnster100

Currently, hole table doesn't support sort by XDim or YDim. The feature might be useful for many users. Please add a request to Inventor IdeaStation.

Thanks!

Shiyong

shiyong.lin
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 6
t_pcoll
in reply to: johnster100

Hi John,

Do you need something different as the RMB->Edit Hole Table->Options tab->Tag order->Arrange By Position... ?

Thanks
Ladislav

Message 4 of 6
miechh
in reply to: t_pcoll

Strange that there's still no solution for this problem.

Product Design Suite 2024
Inventor 2024 (v 28.20.27200.0000), Vault Basic 2024
Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Message 5 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: miechh

@miechh wrote:

Strange that there's still no solution for this problem.

Not strange at all.  The original poster did not create an Inventor Ideas forum post and solicit support for it, and there is still not very much support for this idea, which is for a more comprehensive enhancement of the Hole Table function.  The Ideas forum is one of the key inputs for Autodesk when deciding how to allocate resources, so it's not surprising that this request hasn't received priority.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2017 R3
Vault Basic 2017.0.1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Inventor Certified Professional

Message 6 of 6
miechh
in reply to: SBix26

I agree with you with the fact that Ideas must be posted for new features or enhancements to the program. But I don't understand that some programmer (or supervisor) at Autodesk decided to only program the Y-before-X-coordinate-sorting-strategy at the implementation of the Hole Table function, and not think: "Maybe it's useful to also have an X-before-Y-coordinate-sorting-strategy...". For what it's worth, I voted for the given Idea, and lots of other ones of which I thought it shouldn't even be necessary to enter them because it should be basic functionality. 

Product Design Suite 2024
Inventor 2024 (v 28.20.27200.0000), Vault Basic 2024
Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional (64bit)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report