Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 11 of 13 (102 Views)

Re: Archiving big assembly files

11-16-2012 07:46 AM in reply to: Anthony

Understand.

One other thing you might find interesting is our VAR alos told us in the very near future there is going to be built

in functionality that better quips Inventor to handle large assemblies.  Probably 2014 version.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 12 of 13 (90 Views)

11-16-2012 10:32 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Not sure how Vault can better equip Inventor to handle large iams.... its basically a file management system.

The only thing that I know is available in Vault Basis is the Pack-N-Go.  You could copy out the files, but as far as taking them off the server... I think you would have to manually delete each file from Vault.  This could be easy or difficult.  Just depends on how your folders and files are setup  There might be something better in one of the Vault flavors above Basic.... not sure about that.

You can do a Pack-N-Go from Inventor as well (without Vault).  It will gather all the files so that you could then move them to another location.  You will still have to manually delete them from the original location though.

I use Vault Basic and would not think of using Inventor without it.  I'm just saying that if you are setting up Vault just for the archiving functions..... you might be disappointed.

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1
Vault Basic 2013

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 13 of 13 (75 Views)

11-16-2012 11:41 AM in reply to: karthur1

Kirk,

Sorry if I confussed you.  What my VAR said this large assembly functionality sounds to be strictly

for Inventor and not Vault.

As far the archiving I was told was in 2013.  I haven't yet used it, but my VAR made it sound like it

would be useful in what was being asked in this thread.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.