Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arc usig line tool not working

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bruce13
1446 Views, 3 Replies

Arc usig line tool not working

I am new to Inventor. At the moment I am trying to learn the basics by going through the Mastering Inventor 2013 book. I have previously sketched lines and tangent arcs so I know how it is supposed to work but on this new install of Inventor I am only able to draw line segments. When I try to drag an arc all I get is a line from the previous end point and the new end point. I think it is related to the fact that coincident restraints are not being made automatically as I draw but I have not been able to find where to turn that on.

Thanks in advance

Bruce

Version 2013
AMD Phenom 2 955 quad core
4gb ram
Radeon 5700 graphics
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
trumpy81
in reply to: bruce13

Bruce, when in the sketch environment, click on the black triangle beside 'Constrain' along the bottom edge of the ribbon. You should be able to select 'Constraint Options' from there and change them as desired.

Using the line tool to create arcs can take some skill to master. Whenever I attempt to use it I usually end up with a reverse circle instead of an arc, which is not what I want most of the time. How I manage to do that is a mystery to me but it happens more often than not.

It can be a little bit dependant on what mouse you are using too. I find that with my current Logitech MX518 Gaming mouse that it is a lot harder to initiate an arc than it was with my previous mouse. YMMV.

Your conclusion that it may be non existent coincident constraints is most likely correct as that is something I have complained about, among other things, in 2013.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 3 of 4
JDMather

In short - check your Constraint Persistence and Constraint Options.

(You might attach screen shots of both here.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
bruce13

Thanks

I had managed to turn off all the inferred constraints in constraint options.

All works well now.

Version 2013
AMD Phenom 2 955 quad core
4gb ram
Radeon 5700 graphics

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report