Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arc Measure Help?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joycewong123
221 Views, 3 Replies

Arc Measure Help?

I'm trying to form a circle with 8 pieces of triangles with arcs on the bottom, and will doing that in an assembly. However, I can't figure out how to measure the arc degree. Each degree has 45 degrees, and I want to be accurate. How will I do that?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
IgorMir
in reply to: joycewong123

Can you provide a picture of what you are trying to model? The files themselves won't do me any good since I am using IV2010.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! It should be similar to if you have an arc in real world. You can either compute the angle (radian) by dividing arc length by radius. Or, you need two straight lines. passing the center and forming the angle.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
BeKirra

In "Inspect" tab in your *.ipt, click "measure distance" then pick the arc. It would return the arc length.

Similarly, click "measure angle" then pick three points (i.e. 1st end point of the arc, center of the arc and 2nd end point of the arc).

It would give you the angle.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report