Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arbor Press and Mini Train

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shrimpboyho
2401 Views, 4 Replies

Arbor Press and Mini Train

Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to Inventor and in one of my courses at school I am asked to design the following things:

• Arbor Press
  • Mini Train

I know how to make basic parts but I just need some justification on my approach for comlpeeting the projects. Is this the correct order and way to design?

1. Make parts
  2. Import them into an asembly 
  3. Use assembly functions (such as insert and flush and mate)
  4. Make animation and presentation.

Lastly, I need some form of tutorial or instructions on how to craft gears in either the part making stage, or the assembly stage. 

Thanks Man Happy

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: shrimpboyho

There is an Arbor Press assembly in the Tutorial files done by one of my first semester students several years ago.

The workflow you describe is fine, but with multi-body solids now available in 2010 and later that technique could be easier.

The Help>Tutorials built within Inventor covers creating gears in the Gear Generator Design Accelerator.

It might be best to just start modeling stuff and attach files here as you run into trouble.

The Project Lead The Way  (PLTW)  toy train might be the easiest to start with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Edward_Holmok
in reply to: shrimpboyho

I need some help with the same project.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Edward_Holmok

Exactly what do you need help with?

Have you created anything yet?

If so, attach here what you have attempted so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
Edward_Holmok
in reply to: JDMather

Looking for help with designing a spur gear. I have a PLTW tutorial with spur gear and rack. I just downloaded the tutorial from AutoDesk and the arbor press is slightly different. AutoDesk tutorial uses a pinion gear. I guess I was more interested in using the gear design feature. AutoDesk tutorial doesn't use the gear design feature either.

How to make a spur gear (1) using the gear design feature?

Thanks, Ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report