Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arbor press 2014/ rack and pinion design.. inventor 2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
5403 Views, 5 Replies

arbor press 2014/ rack and pinion design.. inventor 2014

Hi im CAD student nearly finished my  HND.. ive been battling for days trying to get the arbor press tutorial on inventor 2014..  

i downloaded the tutorial pack for 2014 but its not in there, im pretty sure its in the 2012 one so i tried to download that & unzip to the tutorial folder for 2014,, this doesnt work..

basically i want this tutorial to reverse engineer the rack and pinion system, im designing an fsae racing car  i have almost everything done exempt my rack and pinion..

i know i could make one pretty qick but it wont function 100 percent,  can anyone help with ethier getting this tutorial or something simmaler with a rack and pinion gear..

ps if anyone has any tips on how to use the gear tools on inventor 2014 for a rack and pinion system as far as i am aware it doesnt allow you 2

thanks alot i only have a few days to finish my project quick replys are appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: 0705640

Hi 0705640,

Have a look at this link, I think the arbor press is in the sample files:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/inventor-sa...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

Here is the assembly (which I downloaded from the 2014 tutorial dataset).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

hi thanks for replying.. this is where i have downloaded the 2012 and 2014 sample files its not in there, i managed to get them both working, files like the miki engine and suspension are there but no arbor press

still trying to find it, its maybe in an earlier version of sample files but was sure i read it was 2012.. really been searching for a while, as i said i could model one but i want it to function 100percent.. is there any other tutorials with a rack and pinion involved?
Message 5 of 6
JDMather

The model is in the tutorial files download, NOT the samples files (and it is in the response just above).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
in reply to: JDMather

thanks very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report