Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying sliding connection for a wheel on rail

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sam.kalantari
844 Views, 2 Replies

Applying sliding connection for a wheel on rail

Would any one point me in the right direction?

I'm trying to apply the right constraint in stress analysis environment.

How would I apply the right constraint? And to which face of the wheel or axle should I apply the constraint to get right results.

If I'm applying the sliding connection to the face of the wheel in z direction, the model will stop stress analysis with an error of "not enough constraints"

if I apply the sliding constraint to the inside of the wheel on the surface of the circle, I get the result as attached. I get 0 reaction in the Z direction which is wrong and should be zero reaction in x direction. How do I get it right?

The correct way to me would be a constraint that would only take forces in the -Y direction, same direction as gravity.

The wheel should not have any other reaction than in the Y direction. Hoe do I define that constraint? In my model the wheel are free to rotate on the axle.

I'm attaching both the general arrangement and the reaction report.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I've figured the last question out. Thanks! Feels good talking to myself.

I've got another one, Inventor 2012, if I'm applying a single axis fixed constraint, we have an option to chose the individual axis by clicking the check mark next to it (x,y,z) and there is the box where you can enter some kind of distance. It's just to the right of axis check mark. What is that do?

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: sam.kalantari

Let's say you have a plastic snap connection that needs to displace 1mm during assembly.

You want to know how much force would be required to displace the feature during assembly.

You can add a 1mm displacement in desired direction as part of the Fixed Constraint.

Run the analysis and then get the reaction force.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report