Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply bolted connection in the reverse direction

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
spsid13
655 Views, 1 Reply

Apply bolted connection in the reverse direction

The assembly is image 1 and the image 2 shows the parts apart.

I have downloaded the grey part from the internet which are called block sliders. The holes you can see are tapped and created by hole feature.

The plate i have created needs to bolted with the blocks.

I want to place a CSK bolt on the plate. If i use bolted connection choosing the top plane of the plate as the starting plane i am unable to select the existing hole in the block. 

Is it possible to create a free hole in the plate with reference to the tapped hole on the block using bolted connections? Anyone with a solution please help. I am using Inventor 2011.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
salariua
in reply to: spsid13

I would not use bolted connection; as far as my experience goes they are memory hog.

I would just do a hole on the top plate with pattern and then autodrop the csunk bolt. This way it becomes associative and the number and position of bolts change with the hole pattern on the top plate.

Take a look at this: http://blog.ads-sol.com/2014/05/placing-fasteners-in-inventor.html there's a short video as well right at the end.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report