Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application options resetting with each launch of inventor.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
scott
241 Views, 6 Replies

Application options resetting with each launch of inventor.

Hi Community,

We have recently updated to the 2015 version of Inventor pro in our office, and my cad station is not saving my application options, everytime i am having to import a saved settings xml, in 2014 it would keep the settings with each boot up. Just to  be clear this is every time I close and relaunch inventor.

If any one knows of possible reasons/solutions for this I would be very grateful! This is also my first post, so I wasn't sure if i had posted this in the correct section. I could not see a technical queries sections, So i just posted here. Thanks.

Scott

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ampster401
in reply to: scott

welcome to the forums.

Make sure you are included in the Admin group.  You need admin privs in order to save those settings into the registry.

This is the correct forum for posting general Inventor questions.  Please be advised that these forums were created by Autodesk for end users to communicate with each other to work out problems/solutions and not for contacting or seeking assistance from Autodesk employees.

Autodesker's do post every now and then here, just don't expect it.

HTH

Message 3 of 7
scott
in reply to: ampster401

Hi Ampster, 

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately there is 3 more of us in this office, none of which have admin privledges, and none of which have this problem, I've never had admin priv on this station before, and on my previous version I never had this problem before.

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: scott

@scott wrote:

Hi Ampster, 

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately there is 3 more of us in this office, none of which have admin privledges, and none of which have this problem, I've never had admin priv on this station before, and on my previous version I never had this problem before.

Its not necessarily admin privledges.. Its having the right permissions to write to the registry.

A simple test is to log on with a user that has full/admin rights and see if the setting are saved for that user.. If so then permissions need to be adjusted for your user account. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
ampster401
in reply to: mcgyvr

I was going to mention the "Power User" group but I never knew if that was real or not!  I've seen it mentioned in the forum a few times though.

The key is as mcgyvr mentioned - you need rights to save that info into the registry.  How you were able to get by previously without it with older versions is a mystery.

Another solution that has been mentioned in the past is that the first time Inventor is launched is when you need those rights to save to the registry.  So even though all of you do not have those rights, I would ask your IT/IS dept to temp give all of you those rights to save to the registry in order for those settings to be saved, then take away those rights afterwards.  That could all be done on the same day.

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

or maybe there is some problem with your user profile.. You could create a new one and see if that fixes the issue. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
scott

ok, thanks guys

we do see what you guys are saying and it makes sense, we will do some more investigating when we get given access to admin at the station.

Will let you know how i got on and hopefully share the solution.

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report