Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appearances Not Updating for Drawing of Presentation - Workaround?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
abreen
3549 Views, 4 Replies

Appearances Not Updating for Drawing of Presentation - Workaround?

I need to make pretty pictures for a maintenance manual, and I'm hitting a rendering bug that I'm hoping somebody has a workaround for. I used a presentation to create an exploded view of my assembly, and it came in fine in the drawing (first picture, gray shaft). Later, I changed the appearance of some of the parts, and had trouble getting them to update. I still can't get the last one to stop showing up with a weird weld pattern (second picture, yellow shaft). Also appearance doesn't update, I have to place a new base view to see a change, but at least that's easy to work around. Has anybody solved a similar problem?

I'm running IV 2013 SP2, Quadro NVS 130 :(, Xeon @2.8 GHz, 24 GB RAM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hbohm
in reply to: abreen

I am having this problem as well. When using a presentation as one of my drawing views, the appearances of certain parts don't always update after I change them in the part file. They do update in the assembly and presentation files just fine, but the drawing view doesn't  follow suit.

Sometimes it updates if I uncheck the "Associative" button and then check it again (see pic), but most of the time there's nothing I can do to update the appearances to match the assembly. I've even tried deleting the view entirely and re-inserting. Creating a new drawing and bringing in a brand new view of the presentation doesn't work either! Can anyone post if they've found a workaround for this?

Associative Button.jpg

Message 3 of 5
abreen
in reply to: hbohm

Thanks, hbohm. At least for me, your workaround with the "associative" button works like a charm. The problem isn't fixed in 2014. When I originally posted the issue, I got success by fiddling with the appearances of the problem parts and starting a new drawing. With the workaround, I got the original file to look right.

Message 4 of 5
mechdesigner12
in reply to: abreen

Hi everyone.

I am having a problem that seems like several of you came across at some point. I changed appearance of a part, then updated appropriate assembly, and presentation files. The view of an assembly updated accordingly, but for some reason the view of presentation file will not update.

I tried the trick that was mentioned in this thread, check and uncheck "associative", but it is not working. I have found this to work when I had this problem previously , but not this time. 

Also I tried deleting the view and placing new view; 2 outcomes -

1) for one drawing I was able to place a view with the "updated" apperance

2) for another drawing it was still showing previous version of the view (I opened all files: presentation, assembly, part and appearance is correct in all the files).

I am using Autodesk Inventor 2013 SP2 Update 5 on Windows 7 Professional SP, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 64-bit Operating System.

Thank you for your time!

Best,

-Vadim

Message 5 of 5
abreen
in reply to: mechdesigner12

I had this problem again and, after the usual refresh techniques didn't work, found another method. Dragging the assembly End of Features all the way up and then dragging it back down again refreshed the part appearance in the assembly and the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report