Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appearance Issue in Derived Component

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BeKirra
553 Views, 6 Replies

Appearance Issue in Derived Component

I created a derived component in an IPT and saved it as "Glass Holder.ipt" (see the attachement). The source file is an IAM and also attached.

I noticed that the appearance of the Glass part is changed in the "Glass Holder.ipt" while it is fine in the IAM.

How to show the "Glass" appearance correctly in"Glass Holder.ipt"?

Using inventor 2014 pro

Thanks for your help.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: BeKirra

Apparently you are not the only one to have had this issue.

Take a look at this thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Updating-the-appearance-of-a-derived-part/td-p/349422...

I did open your parts and I do see that for some reason if you edit the properties of the derived parts, the shading and appearance never reflects the transparent condition, but rather the opaque seems to override.  Can't give you a valid explanation as to why this is other then it seems to draw differently from the styles.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
WHolzwarth

Try this in Glass holder (Derived Component).ipt:

- Rightclick on Glass Holder.iam -> Edit derived Assembly

- Change Derive style to 3rd icon (Maintain each solid as a solid body)

- Rightclick Solid Bodies(2) -> Solid2 -> Properties

- Change Body Appearance to Clear - Blue

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
BeKirra
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Thanks Walter. It works great!
But, the source appearance should be transfer into the target solid automatically.

It just looks silly because the user has to fix the appearance manually.

Thanks to Cadmanto as well.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 7
WHolzwarth

Well, I think, it's only happening with transparent appearances. Opaque looks are transferred well.

😉 But agreed, it could be done more straightforward.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
levonau
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Hi Walter,

Resurrecting an old post here.. Do you know if you can do this via iLogic Rules..

- Rightclick Solid Bodies(2) -> Solid2 -> Properties
- Change Body Appearance to Clear

Reason being, I have a very large assembly full of simplified, multi-solid parts, that need to have their appearance altered.
Message 7 of 7
WHolzwarth
in reply to: levonau

I suppose it can be done by iLogic. But my iLogic skills are not good enough.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report