Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appearance editor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
LawrenceFHoughton
308 Views, 4 Replies

Appearance editor

I seem to have broken my appearance editor. Used it many times OK, but now it appears as shown in the attached.

How can I repair it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Lawrence,

See if this link helps you.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/2013-Appearances-adding-new-colors-in-custom-library/...

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5

Thanks Cadmanto, but no.  I know how to use the editor and if fact it still works to modify and create appearances. But as the attached pic shows in previous message, the visuals do not exist anymore. I suspect the editor has lost the texture path and the thumbnail shape also fails because of that.

I suppose I will have to do an install/repair if I find the time and if it becomes more than just annoying.

Message 4 of 5

That was going to be my next suggestion, to repair the install.

I figured I would throw this link out to you just in case there was some way they were on your local you could reconnect them.

Just was trying to avoid the repair/install route.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5

Yes. I am reluctant to go the repair/install route since experience says it may fix that and entirely screw up all ones other settings. I think I will wait for IV2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report