Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever seen this icon? (yellow nut)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ccomito.rsi
1794 Views, 10 Replies

Anyone ever seen this icon? (yellow nut)

I download a cylinder assembly from Bimba and directly inserted it into Inventor from their website. I can't seem to manipulate the files at all. Like their read only or something. Anyone have seen these yellow 'nuts' before?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: ccomito.rsi

That looks like a Content Center icon, but that's not how CC items show up in browser.  What happens when you expand one of them?

Standard CC item in browser:

hex.JPG

Message 3 of 11
JDMather

@ccomito.rsi wrote:

I can't seem to manipulate the files at all.

Atttach one of these files here.

Go to iProperties of one of the files.
What version of Inventor was it created in?  (my guess v7)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 11
ccomito.rsi

When expanded it looks like the attached. I also attached a model file. 

Message 5 of 11
blair

Some sort of Write-Protection within Inventor. It shows all the features but are un-editable, sweet!

You can't even access the iProperties, they really don't want you to mess with it.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 11
ccomito.rsi
in reply to: blair

Yeah but how. If there's a way to do it then there's a way to undo it. Either way I think it would be benificial to know all Inventors "how to's"....

Message 7 of 11
brendan.henderson
in reply to: blair

You can access the iProperties with Windows Explorer and iPropWiz seems them also and edit them.

Would love to know how to lock files down like this! Must do more research.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 8 of 11

iProperties says it was created with 2013 SP1, but I suspect this is the OP saved version. Would be good to get the original unmodified file.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 9 of 11
jletcher

Yes I have seen this many times. This is a part that was downloaded from a web site cannot tell you what site there are many out there.

The file was made with a program called Taylor Made. (Spelling may not be right).

It is a generator lets say like an ipart. If I am a manufacture of nuts you come to my web site and instead of me (manufacture) making 1000 files I make one you come to my web site and configure the nut you want pick cad format and it makes the part in native format. Kind of like McMaster-Carr or Parker fittings....

The file cannot be changed or at least not suppose to be able to. Because it is a controlled file from the site it was downloaded from.

Not many use this program anymore better ones came out..

I am surprised Autodesk did not post to let you know. Not sure if they made the software but it was demoed by them back in Inventor 4 days.. I know I demoed it for parker fittings..

Message 10 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

Found the web site for the software if you want to check it out.. And yes my spelling was not right LOL...

http://tailormade.com/

Message 11 of 11
Paul-Mason
in reply to: jletcher

I've seen a similar problem from another parts web site.

The solution there was to

1) Download the file again, making sure that if there are options for different drafting programs select the correct one

2)  Then OPEN the file

3) use the SAVE AS and give it a DIFFERENT NAME, making sure that it is in your current project folder

4) Close the file

5) Re-open the NEW/RENAMED file

6) Check that you now have full access

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report