Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody can help me to finish this

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
1154 Views, 16 Replies

Anybody can help me to finish this

Hi

I have been trying for several hour to finish this assembly but fail to do it. Anybody can help me with tis project please. Particulary I have difficulty to constarin both "steps".

Thank you.

Inventor file

Fixture inventor file for download

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
blair
in reply to: 097013309

The IAM file without the related files used by it is useless. Do a Pack-and-Go to collect and zip all the files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 17
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum.

What version are you running?

Can you out line specifically what you are having difficulty with?

What steps you are taking and where the hangup is?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 17
in reply to: Cadmanto

I am attaching web hosting ling where I put my Pack and Go file. You will be able to see my problems.

( My file is to large to downloaded to this forum)

Thank you for warm welcome and replay.

Inventor file for downloading

Message 5 of 17
blair

Not sure how to download the file. It shows it around 22mb, I can't seem to find the download function for this without having a account.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 17
CCarreiras

Hi!

What a mess!Smiley Happy

tips: It´s better to place a part  or a small group of parts at a time and constrain until the end (if possible). When you start to constrain a part or a group of parts, finish the positioning until the end before start to constrain in another part or group of parts.

In the begining, go to  aplication options and activate the relanshionship redundancy and failure analiysis to help you realise if you are repeating constrains. For full constrain one part you will need normally only 3 constrains.

I can send you the assembly if you will, but in a couple of hours, now i gonna sleep a little. 

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 17
Cadmanto

That link doesn't help.  I am not personally paying for a service to download these files.  Sorry!!!

Like I said, if you could give a step by step description of what is going on and what issues you are having that could at least get the discussions going to hopefully resolving your issue.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 8 of 17
in reply to: blair

On the bottom of the screen is download option.Uncheck downloading with file manager and you should be able to download it without setting account.Thank you for trying to help.[cid:ic_list_happy]
Message 9 of 17
in reply to: Cadmanto

You can download it for free and without setting account. Please check button of the screen and uncheck download with file manager. I will try make You Tube video from screen this will show you what I have problem with. Thanks for trying help.[cid:ic_list_happy]
Message 10 of 17
blair

This would go much faster if you used some logic behind your assembly. I would start again from scratch. Think how you would do this in real life.

1.) Start with your Jib Base Plate. This should be the first item you place in your IAM file and ground it in the correct orientation.

2.) Place your jig V-Base holders and constrain them to the base plate. (not sure why your (CarrLane Screws) are IAM's when they look like single IPT items to me.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 17
JDMather

@097013309 wrote:
You can download it for free and without setting account.

For future reference: when using Pack and Go - we don't need this stuff (see attached).
Don't need Oldversions folder either.

Skip these.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
in reply to: CCarreiras

I will be very thankful if you will be able to send me a file. I the meantime I will start all over again using setting you show me.

Thanks again.

Message 13 of 17
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank you for help. I make video (first time) what I really need to do. This will show you my problems. I am attaching link to You Tube so you can see it.

You Tube Video Inventor

Message 14 of 17
blair

you can download the assembly at this location/link:

http://a360.co/1aqI4zZ

This should get you close, I didn't set the wedge support blocks at a fixed distance so they along with the top clamp bar can still move in and out from the shaft.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 15 of 17

Thank you.I will check today afternoon when I get home.
Message 16 of 17

Thank you so much for showing me how it should be done.I was able to open it and I will study it for couple of days.

If I can ask for more I would like to know how to constrain those supports blocks and movements of edge stop.

Thanks again.

Message 17 of 17
blair
in reply to: JDMather

Set a distance contraint from the front edge of the block to the face of the V-Block, enter in the distance that you require.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report