Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Vault users?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
chad38
677 Views, 1 Reply

Any Vault users?

I'm being tasked with helping decide whether or not to implement vault. We are a small job shop, and I'm resistant to vault for a few reasons, the first being that I'm scared of making changes to the way I navigate. I also do not want to implement something that may cause more problems than solutions. I also doubt it would be able to clear up any existing instances of duplicate files. I'm sure it could help keep this from happening in the future, but good practice moving forward would also keep it from happening in the future.

What is the learning curve with vault? What are the benefits of implementing it, and how much of a change would there be to the way files are currently created, edited and saved?

Keep in mind, there is really only one drafter here. Me.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
karthur1
in reply to: chad38

I can only comment on Vault Basic because that is what I currently use.  I use it at work and I also have it installed on my machine at home.  For me, I would not use Inventor without it.  What I find most useful is:

1. Where used.  I can easily see where a certian part or assembly is used.

2. Uses tab.  I can easily see where a certian part or assembly uses.

3. Copy Design.  I am reusing much of my design from one design to another.

These alone are enough for me to use it even in a single user environment.

At work there is 10 other designers/drafters that I want to keep in sync with each other.  Sometimes several will be working on the same project at the same time and Vault helps keep them from overwriting each others work. That's not an issue for a single user like yourself.

For a single user, its really easy to install Vault and get it running.  You can always install it and try it out.  If you don't like it or find it slows you down, you dont have to continue using it.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report