Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any need to save iPart parent upon child placement in assembly?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
219 Views, 21 Replies

Any need to save iPart parent upon child placement in assembly?

When a new iPart is placed in an assembly is there any need to change the Save, No(Library) dialog box to yes. I've tried a few times and if you leave this as it is and then save the assembly again still leaving the iPart save as No and then open the assembly again the request to save the iPart will no longer appear. If this is the case why does IV request the iPart save at all. It's obviously much better if the iPart factories can be left unchanged as after all these are Library parts that shouldn't be changed if at all possible. -- Cheers, Rob Singlehurst Win2K SP3 IV8 Quadro4 750XGL, 44.03 drivers
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

By floating you mean make it unchecked? So you unchecked the creation date (which really makes it fixed)...? In my experience it was random of some iParts. When I started at PGT I didn't bring over any children. I just started fresh with my archived factories. Now we have 1000s of children. Some factories ask to be saved, others don't. It's doesn't seem consistent with the date theory IMO. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Quinn Zander" wrote in message news:3ffdbc2b_2@statler... > Sean, > > What do you mean? > > I haven't changed the factories in my tests so far, but, as far as > placing NEW children (I checked the folders to make sure certain > children weren't created), I am NOT getting the save dialog once the > creation date check was cleared in the Standard.ipt template. > > Curiouser and curiouser. > > QBZ > > > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message > news:3ffdbb1f$1_2@statler... > > > Interesting idea Quinn but why on some iPart children and why not on > others? > >
Message 22 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unchecking the date updates it to today's date each time the file is saved. In the image, it used to be checked and it said something like 07/11/00... I unchecked it, saved, and it updates to today's date. You can Leave it checked, and open the pulldown and select "today", but then that will stick for all eternity. QBZ "Sean Dotson" wrote... > So you unchecked the creation date (which really makes it fixed)...?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report