Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER APPEARANCE ISSUE

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
avaya2012
379 Views, 4 Replies

ANOTHER APPEARANCE ISSUE

Recently I set up a custom material library with corresponding appearances using Inventor 2013.  I am also using Vault Pro 2013.  We have multiple aluminum, steel, a diamond plate pattern, and a couple different weld beads.  Everything was working fine.  I checked these libraries into vault so another co-worker could also use them.  Recently I have noticed that anything with a bump or pattern, like the welds and diamond plate, is not showing up when I use it.  The actual color of the part is changing but I am not getting the patterns.  When I go into the appearance browser all the patterns show up like they should.  They just don't work on my parts.  Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

CWW

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
avaya2012
in reply to: avaya2012

I forgot to mention that everything is working fine on my co-workers computer.  All the patterns and textrues are showing up fine.

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! You may want to check where these texture image files are stored on your machine vs the ones on the co-worker having trouble. It is possible these texture image files are being copied to a different absolute path due to his Vault project setting. As a result, the styles cannot find the texture image files.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
karthur1

Just to add to what Johnson said... you can find where its looking for the texture if you edit the appearance.  In the appearance browser, edit the appearance and then look under the Information node.

2012-10-26_2056.png

Message 5 of 5
ebrakebob
in reply to: karthur1

I'm having the same problem; the surface changes color but the diamond plate diamond punch pattern is not changing.
The texture path in the "Information" drop-down section is correct for the pattern image, and I've even tried manually going through the same path to the image file. In the "Texture Editor" window, all I get is a white square with no image (even though the source is the correct image file).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums