Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

BHOOPER84
Message 11 of 12 (122 Views)

Re: annoying appearance and library issue.

05-10-2012 12:29 AM in reply to: egghead

Hi Chris,

We migrate on demand as and when we open the models.

So far I have clicked 'No' on the migrate appearances prompt, as I clicked yes once and everything turned yellow!

We didnt migrate our standard content centre files as far as I remember! We've been to busy!

When we moved from old 10 to 11, or 11 to 12 we never had any of these problems before, so we didnt anticipate them! We have always been open to open the models and migrate when necessary.

Thanks for your help!!

Board Manager
ChrisMitchell01
Message 12 of 12 (97 Views)

Re: annoying appearance and library issue.

05-10-2012 05:04 PM in reply to: BHOOPER84

Berran,

I'm still unsure as to what caused this in the first place; you'll notice that the "welded appearance" bolt has a Material of Steel, Mild & an Appearance of Default. The proper looking bolt has a Material of Steel, Mild and an Appearance of Steel.

If you view the assembly using the Realistic view mode instead of just shaded then it will appear correct. I suspect this will be the case for your other parts too.

Do you recall if when you first opened the data, whether you had configured a custom appearance library or if you were just using the as shipped versions ?

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Inventor Customer Engagement Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.