Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animating Constraints - Specified value could not be applied??

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
brianmcmeel
6200 Views, 11 Replies

Animating Constraints - Specified value could not be applied??

Hi. I've got a fairly complex assembly in Inventor 2013 with a number of drive constraints set up, which I can drive in the assembly but not in inventor studio... there don't appear to be any conflicting constraints in the assembly and I can't figure out what the problem is.... Any suggestions or help appreciated.  I'm not sure what files in what format to attach here so if someone can help with that also.  Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
blair
in reply to: brianmcmeel

You would need to attach the primary IAM file and all related files. Use the Pack & Go to a single directory would be the easiest method. You would then need to open each IAM and the move the EOP marker to the top of the directory tree. This compacts the size of the file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 12
brianmcmeel
in reply to: blair

Thanks for replying Blair but i'm not sure how to do what you suggest...

Message 4 of 12
blair

Open your Windows Explorer, navigate to the top level IAM file (your main assemble) RMB click on the file: you should be able to see the "Pack and Go" in the pop-up-box. The rest is pretty much self explanatory, save copies of the files to a separate directory. It makes it easier to find after and keeps clutter from your primary work directories.

I usually have a "Temp" directory on my main hard-drive just for stuff like this.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
garethplant

In my experience this is normally due to a conflicting constraint. Expanding all your assemblies and looking for any warnings or over constrained parts will normally solve this problem.

Message 6 of 12
brenkemp
in reply to: garethplant

Just spent a few hours in studio getting the same error message.

This was despite being able to drive the constraint successfully from the browser.

When in Studio and trying to animate the same constaint it failed.

After seeing this answer I went through the assembly resolving and deleting unresolved constraints until there were all cleared.

This solved the problem and animate constrints now works.

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 12
lukech

Worked for me! Thanks a million! 

Message 8 of 12
WHolzwarth
in reply to: brenkemp

IMO this is not solved yet.

See video in attachment.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
WHolzwarth
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Oh, I beg your pardon. It's been me.

I used two point-to-point constraints. That's working only with linear path.

With a curved path, a point-to-point at the leader and a point-to-axis at the follower must be set.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
WHolzwarth
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Well, it's not only me. See another video.

Nice animations could be possible with Studio - but it's not reliable.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
luomakivi

Thank You. I T   W O R K E D. There really was a constraint with warning sign. I spent many hours reading help and "hitting my head on wood". Yours Sincerely, Leo Kiviluoma

Message 12 of 12

u are zexy ❤️

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report