Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate converging geometry

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nsulli15
267 Views, 4 Replies

Animate converging geometry

This may not be the right forum for this question, but maybe someone can guide me in the right direction.

I would like to be able to show an animation of a flat plate of material converging into a half hollow sphere (like a bowl). Its easy to model the beginning and end stae, but I do not know how to show it transitioning from one to the other.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?  I need it for a presentation to convey a design concept. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: nsulli15

Hi!

It's possible in the inventor studio inviroment, you have to vary one parameter and animate this variation.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: nsulli15

Make the "flat" plate as a very large radius (approaching flat) and arc length.

Give the radius a parameter name and then Animate Parameter in Inventor Studio as suggested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
rdyson
in reply to: CCarreiras

PDSU 2016
Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: rdyson

Nice example - keep this one around for every time this question comes up.

It would be really cool if you could set it to fade to transparency and have a gold fish (or Nemo) make a loop around the bowl.  Whatever happened to Friday pics?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums