Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ambient shadows

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stephengibson76
259 Views, 2 Replies

ambient shadows

I have been using Inventor almost continuously since 5.3  it used to be a daily occurance when I would stumble upon something new and think, thats nice or clever, nowdays I still find something cool every couple of weeks...

My latest cool finding was the ambient shadows option in the view tab, i dont know when this came out, (i should really read the whats new a bit more closly).  Anyway, this has transformed my viewing experience and looks much more slick on screen when the bosses and beancounters are walking past, see what your spending your money on...

I suppose I stick to certain workflows which is why i have never come across this option before, im sure there is lots of new stuff that has simply passed me by.  I prefer these little boosts throughout the year rather than a big wow at each new release so will continue to skim the whats new and look forward to finding these things out for myself

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If youre intrested, have a look at this regarding ambient occlusion shadows:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_occlusion

Regards,

James Lovell
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
Message 3 of 3

interesting stuff

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums