Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 11 of 14 (155 Views)

Re: Altering Custom Library Parts BOM....

02-10-2012 04:15 AM in reply to: dunc1n

Here are the shots from previous post, embedded.

Snip-1:

snip-1.JPG

Snip-2:

snip-2.JPG

Snip-3:

snip-3.JPG

I do not know about removing the decimals or units... never tried that.  If I get a chance this morning I'll look into it.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

Distinguished Mentor
pauldoubet
Message 12 of 14 (152 Views)

02-10-2012 04:47 AM in reply to: cbenner

OK, here is a quick lesson in how to remove the decimals and units for a CC part. Use the 'Open from Content Center' option on the Open pull down under the main Inventor menu. Save a part from the family you need to modify using the 'As Custom Option'. Edit the parameters for that part and mark the G_W, G_H, G_T, G_L, etc parameters for export. Then right click on one of those parameters and choose the 'Format Parameters' option from the popup. Now select the precision, turn off the units and trailing zeros; for metric units the leading zero is normally left on. Save this file and close it. Go to the CC and select the family, then right click and select 'Replace Family Template', choose the file you just changed for your new template.

DONE! (unless I forgot something)

Hope this helps, Paul

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 13 of 14 (146 Views)

02-10-2012 06:40 AM in reply to: pauldoubet

Thanks Paul! 

I don't ever need to do this, so I wasn't sure how to answer that part.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

Contributor
hunkvicky.87
Message 14 of 14 (109 Views)

09-17-2012 01:17 AM in reply to: dunc1n

Change template file's exported parameter's (fx) custom formate precession to 0 as

i m showing in attachement

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!