Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allied product not found

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Talayoe
82844 Views, 15 Replies

Allied product not found

Hi all,

I have installed Design suite prem. 2014 previously. Kept 2013 to reference until not needed. Stupid files kept defaulting to 2013 so i removed it. Lost all file associations to all autodesk products still installed (dsp 2014 ). Decided to repair. Didnt help. Decided to remove it. Used the autodesk uninstall tool.

Now i get the titled error upon install. It only installs about 1/4 of the software i select and none of the shared files. Its driving me crazy.

Any help would be swell, thanks ya!
-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Logos_Atum
in reply to: Talayoe

Hello there,

I managed to install a student version quite some time ago

by deleting all the prerequisites from the install script. That´s

easily done in any editor that features search and replace.

It also could be because of the c++ redistributable. I had the

pleasure encountering both problems. The last several times

I just removed the packages and the installation worked after-

wards. It´s the 2010 versions of the runtime I removed.

Are you getting red crosses in the installation routine or are

you getting a different error message?

Did you think about simply reassociating the files in Windows?

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 16
Talayoe
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Hi,

Here is what I get.

Firstly (during install)

Untitled.jpg

Then it continues trying to install other products. Then I get at the end;

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now, if you have a way to identify the runtime files so I could know what to remove, that would be great!

With the re-assosciating, I tried that first and foremost after I removed 2013. It would not do it. Wouldnt even allow me to add 2014 to the list to try and associate it. I was very frusterated (even more so now!) and thought this should be a painless way to fix my problem....boy was I wrong!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 16
Talayoe

OMG! I found the solution!

Found this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-Archive/Failed-to-get-allied-products/td-p/3810...

Taking you to this link

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2012/08/autodesk-software-install-error-failed-to-get-allied-products....

Tried revo uninstaller pro (great program but didnt cut it!)

http://www.revouninstaller.com/index.html

So I went on to the devil (Microsoft Fix it)

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/

And when you run the executable it asks you what program didnt install correctly, in my case I selected the program from the installer that it gave up on (Acad Mechanical) and it did whatever it does, I re ran the installer and BAM! Randy is happy once again!! 🙂

All this for a file association issue.

I hope this helps someone in the future.... 🙂

Have a great weekend all!! Thanks for the input!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 5 of 16
mbhowardg17

This worked for me as well. 

Thanks for the link! 2014 is installed and running now!

Mark

Message 6 of 16
m201370285

thank you very much.

Message 7 of 16
anais.floux

Thank you a lotttttttttt !!

I was shearching for 2 hours the solution !!! Smiley Happy

It's work well

Message 8 of 16
erickisanga35

Thx, the link worked for me Smiley Happy am so grateful. God bless you grateful !   Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 16
enddog
in reply to: erickisanga35

I am having the same problems extactly but when i try and run FixIt i get this lovely issue!

I keep searching but non of the threads are helping my problem.

I cannot load LT 2014

TCF
Message 10 of 16
davidzachary
in reply to: enddog

MS fixit does not seem to be available for Windows 10.  I also have the Allied Product is not found issue, but can't find a fix for it.  Can anyone help?

Message 11 of 16

What product are your trying to install on WIndows 10?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 16

I am having the same issue with Windows 10.  I have been using AutoCAD Mechanical R2014 for months without any issue.  Yesterday Windows 10 did a large system update.  After the update I was unable to open the software because of a license issue.

I chose to uninstall AutoCAD and reinstall but it fails on install because of the Allied Produce Not Found error.

I cannot use Windows Fix it because it isn't supported on Windows 10.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 13 of 16

AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 will not be supported under Windows 10:  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Windows-10-support-for-A...

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 14 of 16

Well thank you Mr. Lancaster for that helpful tidbit.

Unfortunately, there are people who use these AutoCAD products on the Windows 10 platform.

I was able to resolve the issue using Revo Uninstaller Pro.  I had to force the uninstall of all the Autodesk related software and then the reinstall worked.

Revo Link: http://www.revouninstaller.com/index.html

Message 15 of 16

@horst.daniel Great to hear that you got it resolved.

"Unfortunately, there are people who use these AutoCAD products on the Windows 10 platform" ..  Yes WIndows 10 is out but who is making the decision to move to Windows 10 without checking system requirements .   Granted some Windows setup are being changed on reboot..

As a side not just becuase it may be functioning now what happens when the next Windows update comes along?  What if you are unable to resolve it then.. You are working with a legacy product that will soon  be (a year) retired by Autodesk.    Just wondering...

Mark Lancaster

Message 16 of 16

"Yes WIndows 10 is out but who is making the decision to move to Windows 10 without checking system requirements .   Granted some Windows setup are being changed on reboot.."

I had no choice when purchasing a new computer.  My company is small and there is no IT department to verify all system requirements.  It's unfortunate how AutoDesk strongarms companies out of more money to verify software compatibility.

"As a side not just becuase it may be functioning now what happens when the next Windows update comes along?  What if you are unable to resolve it then.. You are working with a legacy product that will soon  be (a year) retired by Autodesk.    Just wondering..."

I will be forced to spend more money with AutoDesk or quit using the product completely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report