Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all workfeatures missing from 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DWhiteley
372 Views, 6 Replies

all workfeatures missing from 2013

I used to map the # ket to allworkfeatures in 2012 in order to be able to toggle the visibility of work features.

Why is it now missing from 2013?

Thanks, Dave

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DWhiteley
in reply to: DWhiteley

Does anyone know if this is now fixed in the beta of SP1 ?

Message 3 of 7
rptandy

Same problem here. Does anyone know of a fix? It is extremely aggravating that what I used to be able to do with a single press of a hotkey I have to do with three mouse clicks. Four, if you count clicking back from the View tab to wherever I was before.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rptandy

Try using the customize user commands menu:

1) Right Click on the ribbon and drop down to the Customize user commands option.

2) Select the Keyboard Tab

3) Under the "View" category, select "All Workfeatures"

4) Set the Key to # or whatever you'd like.

5) OK

Done.

You should be able to now use that key to toggle the workfeatures on and off.

On a side note, Why are you needing to often change the state of the workfeatures?

I had a similar issue where my colleagues created parts and assemblies but left all of the workplanes and features visible but off, which is fine when you don't want to view any, but once you want to use the workfeatures on a particular part in an assembly, you must see all of the workplanes.

Perhaps a better option for you is to use the ilogic to actually turn off the visibility of workplanes in their parts.

Try this ilogic help page created by Curtis Waguespack for this particular application.

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/turn-onoff-all-workfeatures-with-ilogic.html?utm_sour...

Best of luck!

Jon

Message 5 of 7
DWhiteley

This is what you were able to do in 2012. Autodesk missed off the "all workfeatures" option since 2013. They know about it, but haven't fixed it! (A bit like the problem with Knurl 45 appearance - they know of it, but seem to be too busy to fix it).

Why should anyone need to embed ilogic in a file in order to do this?

There is an update you can do to an XML file in order to be able to assign a key to "all workfeatures" - I'll look it up and post it asap.

Dave

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Just Checked in 2013 SP1.1 and the "all workfeatures" option is there.

It also appears in the 2014 Update 1.

Message 7 of 7
rptandy
in reply to: Anonymous

Whew! Just checked again, and it is indeed there after I installed the service packs. Thanks guys!

As for why I need to turn the workfeatures on and off so often, I work in a sheet metal shop that also designs enclosures for blower systems. We have a lot of instances where we line up panels in assemblies by mating their midplanes, so we often leave those planes visible in the parts so we don't have to go in and turn them on in the assembly just to constrain everything. However, those planes can start to get in the way later on in the process. With the all workfeatures command on a hotkey, all I have to do is hit a single key and toggle everything on/off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report