Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All work planes visible after part visibility restored

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
594 Views, 7 Replies

All work planes visible after part visibility restored

When I turn the visibility off of a part in an assembly and restore the visibility on. All the work planes are visible.
They were saved with them off and off when I turned the visibility off. Has anyone experienced this.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

AFAIK, it's always been that way for me. One of the reasons I try to use
isolate instead. But that doesn't track visibility changes you make while
in an isolated state either, though I can live with that!

Bob S.

jlath wrote:
> When I turn the visibility off of a part in an assembly and restore the visibility on. All the work planes are visible.
> They were saved with them off and off when I turned the visibility off. Has anyone experienced this.
> Thanks
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Create a design View, lock and save it.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
http://teknigroup.com
Message 4 of 8
dloganbill

The work around that I have found (and so far seems to work) is to RMB the part and open it. Then turn the visibility of the planes, sketches, whatever, within the part file and then save the PART file. Close the part file and then see if that helps out the assembly file.
Intel i7-3930K 3.2 GHz; 32 GB RAM; GeForce GTX 680; SSD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 8
RogerTheShrubber

I've created a design view.  How to lock it?

Message 6 of 8

Here is how to fix the entire issue -->> When the assembly is open, right click the individual part, and choose open. It will open the IPT file as a lone file. From there, deselect the planes or whatever, save and the problem is solved. Make sure this is done from within the assembly. If you just open the IPT from within the assembly folder, it won't work.......Jenn
Message 7 of 8
csaba.stupak

I suppose the part was created inplace from the assembly. In that case all visibility modifications belongs to the top-level assembly's design view. For example if I create an assembly and inplace create a part, add some work geometries and make some of them invisible. The visibility of part\work geometry is recorded to the assembly's DV. If we place another instance of the part all work geometries will be visible because we set the visibility of the first part instance's workgeometries.

If you want to control the visibility of the part definition, it is necessary to open it standalone (not inplace).

Thanks,

Csaba

Message 8 of 8

THAT'S IT....!! But I would like to add that the only time I had actually had to utilitze this method is with created work planes, but not all of them.  All other aspects of the created part's features and their visibilites don't have to be controlled in a stand-alone manner.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report