Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Features Rebuild

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CAD-One
978 Views, 5 Replies

All Features Rebuild

Is there a checkbox some where in the Tools of inventor to avoid rebuilding/buffering/taking-very-long time to respond while I am editing features. I am guessing that every time,  I add or edit a feature, inventor is trying t ovalidate all the previous fetaures in the browser.

This isfrustating while editing large casting models.

C1

AI professional 2012

Win 7

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
schae235
in reply to: CAD-One

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but try enabling the "Defer Update" in Application Options on the Assembly Tab

INV 2012 SP1
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI FirePro V5800
14.0 GB RAM
Message 3 of 6
CAD-One
in reply to: schae235

I would love to try it.

But I am actually trying to save time on edting part files. My assembly editing is not time consuming.

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 4 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

HI CAD-One, 

You can move the End Of Part marker to be just under the feature to edit in order to avoid the long rebuilds. Then just move to the end once the edits are done. You get one big rebuild at the end that way, but not everytime you edit the feature. This helps trouble shoot errors caused by editing an early feature too.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 6
CAD-One
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

This is a great solution if we are trying to edit some where closer to the beginning of the tree.  Like you suggestted, I can drag the EOP to the top and save time on the all the not rebuilding all below features.

But if I am editing way below or closer to the end of the browser (Espicially when the tree is very big then it suffers.

I am struggling with couple of parts that I cant simply post here.

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 6 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi CAD-One,

What about going to the Tools tab > Document Settings > Modeling tab and checking the Compact Model History option? I think you want this to be unchecked for fast edits (but you might want to confirm this in the Help files for yourself).

While you in there you might look at the Advanced Feature Validation option and see if that helps.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report