Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align section view to point/line

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Bart0602
2367 Views, 7 Replies

Align section view to point/line

I'am trying to dimension a rudder. To dimension this i use sections every 100mm and i'd like to place them on their section line. or be able to snep them to a point or line.

I hope this is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Bart Section alignment

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: Bart0602

Hi!

Yes, it's possible.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Bart0602
in reply to: CCarreiras

Would you be so kind to tell me how?
Message 4 of 8
CCarreiras

Maybe using constrains?

I don't know if i'm understanding what you seek...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Bart0602
in reply to: CCarreiras

The airplane shapes are section views and i'd like to place them on horizontal lines. as far as i know there aren't any constraining options possible between views.

Message 6 of 8
Paul-Mason

I,m assuming your wanting the sections line to appear to be exact distances down the part ?

RMB on the section line, select edit, this take you into the IDW sketch environment, very similar to the IPT sketch environment, using the same methods as you would in the IPT environment create a line the exact dimensioned distance required, then you can use the constraints to achieve the alignment & dimensions to achieve the exact section distance.

PM screen shot004.png

PM screen shot005.png

PM screen shot006.png

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 7 of 8
Bart0602
in reply to: Paul-Mason

The sectionlines are perfectly in place that not realy the problem. The thing is that i'd like to place the section Views on the section lines. 

This way I dont have to show the A-A, B-B etc. besides that I also got a centre line for the section Views.

If I keep the vertical alignment with the section views they are perfectly aligned in vertical direction. But I also want to align the section views horizontally to the section Lines. the second part is giving me headaches. 

I simply want to move the view with a base point to another point nothing more nothing less.

The same way I find it weird that it's not possible to keep a distance of lets say 15mm between every view or something like that.

I hope there is a way to define the position of a view more exactly than simply by eye.

Thanks for supporting!! 

Message 8 of 8
Paul-Mason

Edited 14/11/14 @ 15.34 GMT

Ah you mean a revolved section

same as principals before using sketch, constraints etc, as for the label rmb on it, select edit and delete the entire content that shows the click Ok.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report